CGHSA is a Christian organization, the members of which are like minded Christian home educators dedicated to observing the Biblical commands of Deuteronomy 6:4-10, Proverbs 22:6, and Ephesians 6:4. We promote home education as the Scriptural design for education whereas institutional education is an alternative to the home. We believe that every family has the God-given legal and constitutional right to home educate in the State of Georgia, regardless of their philosophy of education or religious affiliation. CGHSA is not a church nor is this organization meant to replace the ministry of the local church to the home education family.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
* The Bible to be the inspired, infallible, divinely preserved word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
* That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
* In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
* That man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone, not trusting any personal works whatsoever, can be saved.
* That salvation is the free gift of God brought to the sinner by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose substitutionary death on the cross provided atonement by the shedding of His blood.
* That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict mankind, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for Godly living and service.
* In the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the lord Jesus Christ, and the individual doctrinal differences that may exist, outside the aforementioned, should not hinder that unity of Christian home educators.
* That God created man and woman after His own Image, and that God has ordained marriage, consisting of one man and one woman, to be the foundation of the family and to be the only legitimate and Godly expression of sexuality.